Homestyle Fettuccine with Asparagus
Celebrate Memorial Day eating a pasta dish made with Ronzoni Homestyle Fettuccine, asparagus, preserved lemons, and garlic. It is delightful!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 package Ronzoni® Homestyle™ Fettuccine Pasta 8.8 ounces
- 3 quarts boiling water
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic sliced
- 1 pound green asparagus cut and blanched
- 1/2 preserved lemon chopped
- 1 teaspoon mediterranean spice mix with oregano, parsley, thyme, marjoram, salt, and black pepper
Clean and slice the asparagus. Make sure to remove the ends as those have rough fibers. In a big soup pot add 3 quarts of water and let it boil. Add a pinch of salt and add the asparagus. Blanch for 5-7 minutes, do not overcook. Remove with a strainer spoon and temper with ice water. Set aside.
In a pot add 3 quarts of water with salt. Once it comes to a boil, add the complete box of Ronzoni Homestyle Fettuccine Pasta. Cook the pasta for 10-15 minutes until al dente. Remove the water and temper with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set the cooked pasta aside.
Slice the garlic and chop the preserved lemon. Include the rind and the pulp of the lemon as both are edible.
In a sauté pan add the olive oil and let it warm. Sauté the garlic slices with the asparagus. Season with the Mediterranean spice mix, add the preserved lemons and add this to the fettuccine.
Mix the fettuccine with the ingredients gently and serve with freshly shredded Parmesan cheese.
- The Ronzoni Homestyle Fettuccine Pasta has high-quality semolina wheat flour and fresh eggs, which makes it a perfect choice for the asparagus fettuccine.
- Blanching the asparagus preserves the bright green color and achieves a better presentation.
- This pasta dish can be served hot or at room temperature; making it a good option for parties, grilling gatherings, picnics, and Memorial Day weekend.
Calories: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 644mg | Potassium: 516mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 927IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 5mg