The recipe for the beet hummus is a perfect addition to the menu. Everyone will love the subtle beet yummy taste and the lovely color. It has chickpeas, tahini, cooked beets, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and spices.
- 2 cups of canned or home cooked garbanzo beans
- 1/3 cup cup of tahini paste
- 2-3 small garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of cooked beets (canned are okay to use)
- 1 large yellow lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 cup of good quality olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt to taste
For garnishing and serving:
- 1 bag of mini pita bread
- 10 edible nasturtium flowers
- 1 cup beet sprouts
Blend all ingredients using a blender or a food processor.
Consistency should be luscious and creamy.
Serve and enjoy with mini pita bread or pita chips.
Serving: 0gCalories: 500kcalCarbohydrates: 0gProtein: 0gFat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0gMonounsaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgPotassium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gVitamin A: 0IUVitamin C: 0mgCalcium: 0mgIron: 0mg