Spicy Blackberry Wine Rita
Making craft cocktails at home, like this Spicy Blackberry Wine Rita is a creative way to bring alive a classic margarita recipe with a twist. This Spicy Blackberry Wine Rita made with frozen store bought margarita mix, blackberries, green habanero sauce, tequila blanco, hibiscus salt and Sutter Home Sweet Red Wine.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 drinks
- 2 cups of store bought frozen margarita mix concentrate
- 2 cups of frozen blackberries
- 1 ounce of tequila blanco optional
- 1/2 teaspoon of habanero green sauce
- 1 tablespoon of hibiscus flower salt for cocktails
- 1/2 of a lime or lemon
- 1 bottle of Sutter Home Sweet Red chilled
- 4 cute cocktail pins
- 1 in lime or green lemon cutrounds
- 12 fresh blackberries for garnishing
Place all ingredients in the blender, the margarita mix, the blackberries, the tequila and the habanero sauce. Blend until getting a smooth icy sauce.
Salt the rim of the margarita glass rubbing it with the lime first and then dust with the salt.
Scoop 3 tablespoons of the spicy blackberry mix and add to the margarita glass.
Finish the margarita pouring chilled Sutter Home Sweet Red wine.
Garnish the margarita with a pinch of hibiscus salt, a lemon round and a cute decorative pin with blackberries inserted.