Spicy Blackberry Wine Rita
Making craft cocktails at home, like this Spicy Blackberry Wine Rita is a creative way to bring alive a classic margarita recipe with a twist. This Spicy Blackberry Wine Rita made with frozen store bought margarita mix, blackberries, green habanero sauce, tequila blanco, hibiscus salt and Sutter Home Sweet Red Wine.
- 2 cups of store bought frozen margarita mix concentrate
- 2 cups of frozen blackberries
- 1 ounce of tequila blanco optional
- 1/2 teaspoon of habanero green sauce
- 1 tablespoon of hibiscus flower salt for cocktails
- 1/2 of a lime or lemon
- 1 bottle of Sutter Home Sweet Red chilled
- 4 cute cocktail pins
- 1 in lime or green lemon cutrounds
- 12 fresh blackberries for garnishing
Place all ingredients in the blender, the margarita mix, the blackberries, the tequila and the habanero sauce. Blend until getting a smooth icy sauce.
Salt the rim of the margarita glass rubbing it with the lime first and then dust with the salt.
Scoop 3 tablespoons of the spicy blackberry mix and add to the margarita glass.
Finish the margarita pouring chilled Sutter Home Sweet Red wine.
Garnish the margarita with a pinch of hibiscus salt, a lemon round and a cute decorative pin with blackberries inserted.