The shrimp diabla, made with ripen tomato sauce, Mexican spices and TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce. The chipotle sauce provides a nice smoky flavor and the perfect amount of heat to the dish.
- 1 pound of cleaned and deveined shrimps preferably large or jumbo size
- 1 teaspoon of sazon latino with cumin, salt and oregano
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 2 cans of tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons of TABASCO® Chipotle sauce
- 4 cups of cooked white rice
Season the shrimps with some drops of olive oil and the seasonings.
In a skillet grill the shrimps until getting the pink flavor. Doing this first to avoid overcooking the shrimps.
For the diabla sauce place a saucepan in the stove and add the olive oil, then sauté the garlic and add the fresh thyme. Pour the tomato sauce and add the TABASCO® Chipotle sauce. Combine well. You can add some salt but not too much.
Finally when the sauce is done fold the shrimps and cover them well.
Serve the shrimps on a bed of white rice and enjoy.