Star of David Pasta for Hanukkah
The Star of David Pasta has tender asparagus, arugula, rainbow baby carrots and parmesan cheese. You can make it in less than 20 minutes.
- 4 cups of Star of David pasta
- 8 cups of boiling water with a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil can be replaced with butter
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 small Florida sweet peppers chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Italian herbs paste
- 2 cups of rainbow carrots cut in rounds
- 2 cups of asparagus cut bite size
- 1/4 cups of chopped green onions
- 2 cups of fresh arugula
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
Place a big pot on the stove and add the water with a pinch of salt. Let the water get to a boil and then add the pasta. Cook for 10 minutes or until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of water and dispose the rest. Temper the pasta with cold water.
In a pan add the olive oil and sauté the garlic with sweet peppers. Then add the carrots, the green onions and the Italian herbs paste.
Season with salt and pepper and add the arugula and the asparagus. Combine and add 1 cup of the hot water used to cook the pasta. Simmer for few minutes.
Add the cooked pasta and combine withe the veggies.
Serve hot and sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese. You can garnish with few fresh arugula leafs.