Chipotle Guava BBQ Pork Back Ribs
The recipe for Chipotle Guava BBQ Pork Back Ribs includes a barbecue sauce made with pink guava jam and juice, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, smoked chipotle powder, soy sauce and spices.
- 1 Smithfield Extra Tender Baby Back Pork Ribs
- 1 cup pink guava jam
- 1 cup pink guava nectar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons smoked chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Prepare the barbecue sauce by combining in a bowl first the dry ingredients and then the wet ingredients. Use a whisk to mix.
Prepare the pork back ribs by removing the membrane attached to the bone. This helps to make the ribs even more tender and cook evenly.
Place the ribs in a pan and add the chipotle guava barbecue sauce. Cover with plastic and marinade the ribs for at least 60 minutes inside the refrigerator before grilling.
Prepare the charcoal grill following safety measures. And when ready add the ribs. The ideal temperature for cooking the ribs is between 250 ° to 300 ° F.
Place the lid on the grill and let the ribs cook for 50 minutes. You need to open from time to time and baste the meat with more chipotle guava sauce. The ribs will be ready when you can see 1/4 inch of the bone.
- When cooking on the grill you need to have patience. You cannot rush the cooking process.
- To achieve the best results the fire should be moderate and the meat must be baste with the sauce every 15 minutes.
- Covering and regulating the opening of the vent also helps achieve that spectacular flavor the charcoal gives to the meat.