Latino Style Fried Rice
Mexican and Chinese cuisines meet in a simple dish that I have called latino style fried rice, which I have cooked in no time.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon preferably center cut
- 1 cup sliced grilling onions
- 3 chicken breasts cubed
- 1 teaspoon sazon latino condiment
- 1 cup chopped sweet peppers orange, red and yellow
- 1 serrano pepper cut in rounds
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 3 cups cooked cold white rice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
In a wok or a cast iron pot add the chopped bacon and let it brown. Then add the sliced onions and brown.
Add the chicken and season with sazon latino. Let it cook and then add the sweet peppers and the serrano peppers.
Add the ginger and garlic paste and combine. Finally add the cold white rice and the soy sauce.
Stir but not too much to avoid rice to be mushy. Serve hot.
Garnish with chives and sesame seeds.
- I am using a cast iron pot but you can use a wok instead.
- Can replace chicken with pork, ham, beef or shrimps.
- The white rice can be replaced with brown rice if desired.
- You can add egg while the cooking process or serve with a poached egg on top.