Italian Warm Basil Tomato Quinoa Salad
An Italian warm basil tomato quinoa salad prepared with fresh heirloom cherry tomatoes and fresh basil leafs. Drizzled with a simple mustard seed vinaigrette.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon corn oil
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes sliced
- 3-4 basil leafs julienned
- 1 tablespoon mustard with seeds
- 1/3 cup corn oil
- 3 limes juiced
- 1 teaspoon sazon latino with cumin and oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Cook the quinoa on the stove by frying the quinoa for few minutes fist. Then add the salt and the water. Cover and quinoa will be ready when water is all absorbed.
Slice the tomatoes and add to the warm quinoa along with julienned fresh basil leafs.
Prepare the vinaigrette by combining the mustard, the lime juice and the seasonings. Drizzle the salad and serve.
- You can use olive oil for the mustard seed dressing if desired.
- Can replace lime juice with vinegar. However using fresh lime juice is better because provides a fresh finish.
- If fresh basil is not available use fresh parsley instead.