Mexican Style Stuffed Florida Bell Peppers
Enjoy this Mexican Style Stuffed Florida Bell Peppers with a meatless twist. This recipe uses few ingredients and it is ready in 30 minutes or less. Perfect idea for repurposing leftover rice and beans.
- 5 Florida bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup grilled sweet corn from Florida
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon de sazón latino or chicken bouillon
- 1/2 cup Mexican shredded cheese or vegan cheese
Clean the Florida bell peppers with running water. Remove the core and the seeds.
Prepare the rice stuffing mixing the rice with the beans and the sweet corn. Season with the spices.
Stuff the peppers and add cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until cheese is melted.
Serve hot and you can pair with fresh pico de gallo and greens (optional)
- The sweet corn is recommended to grill it for better flavor.
- Buy Florida sweet corn it is now in season!
- You can use canned black beans or homemade.
- This recipe is perfect for repurposing leftover rice and beans.
- This dish can be served as a side or as a main dish.
- Replace the cheese with vegan cheese.
Calories: 144kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 6gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 53mgPotassium: 296mgFiber: 5gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 403IUVitamin C: 61mgCalcium: 95mgIron: 2mg