Vegetarian Hot Dogs Feast
The vegetarian hot dogs are made of grains, Yukon potatoes, apples and sage. Served on a whole wheat bun and garnished with green apple jicama slaw and habanero mustard. A delightful bite for meat and veggie lovers alike.
- 1 package vegetarian sausages with potatoes, apples and sage
- 4 whole grain hot dog buns
- 1 teaspoon habanero mustard
- 1 cup green apple and jicama slaw
Grill the vegetarian sausages in a grilling pan using vegetable or corn oil. The sausages will be ready when the grilling marks appear.
Warm the whole grain hot dog buns and spread some habanero mustard. You can use whole grain mustard or dijon if desired.
Garnish with green apple and jicama slaw and enjoy with a side of grilled purple potatoes.
- You can use turkey, chicken or pork sausages if desired.
- The hot dog buns can be warmed or toasted.
- The vegetarian sausages can be grilled on a conventional outdoor grill.
Serving: 4servingsCalories: 112kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 4gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 200mgPotassium: 68mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 17IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 2mg