Campanelle Pasta with Mushrooms
Simple Campanelle Pasta with mushrooms, arugula, serrano peppers and garlic. Then garnished with crumbled queso fresco and red pepper.
- 1 box Barilla Campanelle Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups portabella mushrooms sliced
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper finely chopped
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup queso fresco crumbled
- 1 pinch red pepper optional
Prepare the pasta following the instructions on the box.
Sauté the mushrooms in a skillet with olive oil, chopped garlic and serrano peppers. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the arugula and combine with the cooked mushrooms.
Incorporate the cooked paste with the mushrooms and the arugula and serve.
Garnish with crumbled queso fresco and a pinch of red pepper (optional)
- Can use feta cheese instead of queso fresco.
- If wanting to avoid the spice do not add the serranos and the red pepper.
- Instead of campanelle you can use penne pasta.
Calories: 284kcalCarbohydrates: 45gProtein: 11gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 125mgPotassium: 343mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 367IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 117mgIron: 1mg