Tips on how to decorate ugly sweater holiday cookies
Sharing tips on how to use a commercial cookie kit successfully for decorating ugly sweater holiday cookies.
Servings: 16 pieces
- 1 kit ugly sweater cookies including colored royal icing and the baked cookies
- 2 cups white royal icing homemade or premade mix
- 1 cup sprinkles holiday-themed motifs
Take the cookies out of the box and place them in a rack or a plate.
Using a cookie icing bottle or a piping bag with a round tip, outline the cookie with the white royal icing.
Flood the cookie and use either a needle/scriber or a toothpick for leveling the icing.
Immediately add the desired color, and with the scriber or a toothpick, draw a design. This has to be done before the royal icing dries.
Finish the cookie by adding sugar motifs to recreate the ugly sweater.
Allow the cookie to dry for a few minutes.
- The ugly sweater holiday cookies require a good amount of white royal icing. When ordering your cookie kits, include a bag of royal icing mix and an assortment of holiday sprinkles.
- The cookie kits include limited options in terms of sprinkles and sugar motifs. It is nice to have an assortment of those for making many different ugly sweater cookie designs.