Vegetarian Cabbage Soup
The vegetarian cabbage soup is for those looking for a clean diet option, adding green vegetables, or otherwise starting a soup diet regimen. The main ingredients include cabbage, leeks, and Swiss chard. Plus using low sodium vegetable stock and vegan bouillon base.
Instant Pot (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ghee butter or grapeseed oil
- 6 cups cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 cups leeks sliced
- 3 cups Swiss chard chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon bouillon base vegan
Clean the green vegetables and prep. Place the dutch oven in the stove and add the butter.
Sautee the leeks with the garlic first, then add the cabbage and the Swiss chard.
Add the vegetable broth, and the water. Season with the vegan bouillon and taste.
If the soup needs salt, add to your taste. Cook for 15 minutes and serve hot.
Garnish with cilantro and enjoy with a few drops of lime juice.
- Fresh cabbage is one that is firm and has a nice light green color. Cut in half first, and then use a mandolin or a sharp knife for thin juliennes.
- The leeks tend to have sand. Soak them in water before use and clean well.
- Clean the Swiss chard leaves with running water. Use a paper towel to remove excess water.
- Use a proper chopping block and a sharp knife to cut the vegetables.
- This recipe is perfect for the Instant Pot too. Follow the same cooking instructions and pressure cook for fifteen minutes in high.
Calories: 47kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 244mgPotassium: 180mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1498IUVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 1mg