Mexican Chocolate Peanut Truffles
The Mexican Chocolate Peanut Truffles with Coconut have condensed milk, oats, chocolate powder, peanuts, coconut flakes, peanut butter, and chocolate morsels. This recipe is kid-friendly and perfect for gifting artisanal treats too.
- 2 cups oats
- 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® Nesquik® No Sugar Added Chocolate Flavor Powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi Sweet Morsels
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® LA LECHERA® Sweetened Condensed Milk Squeeze Bottle
In a bowl combine the oatmeal, the chocolate powder, the cinnamon, and two tablespoons of the unsweetened coconut flakes. And stir.
Then add the crunchy peanut butter, the semi-sweet chocolate morsels, and the sweetened condensed milk. Combine all ingredients until getting a dough consistency.
With your hands form small balls and cover them with coconut. The result will be bite-sized chocolate treats.
- Measuring the ingredients is very important. Adding more of any of the components on the recipe card will alter the result.
- Use no sugar added chocolate and coconut flakes. The sweetness will be coming from the condensed milk and the chocolate morsels.
- When mixing, start with the dry ingredients first and then incorporate the peanut butter and, finally, the condensed milk.
- If you cannot find crunchy peanut butter, chop a quarter cup of peanuts finely and add it to the mix. Using crunchy peanut butter adds texture and flavor.
- Make sure to form the little balls immediately after the mix is ready to avoid hardening.
- The kids can help to make the chocolate truffles and to dust them in the coconut. Make sure they wash their hands thoroughly before starting.
- Use paper liners for serving.
- This recipe is also great for party favors and gifting gourmet artisanal treats. PAck the truffles inside small bags, mason jars or tins, and decorate with a bow.
Serving: 0gCalories: 283kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 7gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 83mgPotassium: 295mgFiber: 5gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 27IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 62mgIron: 2mg