Strawberries and Cream a Classic Mexican Dessert
Strawberries and cream or fresas con crema made with freshly picked strawberries, sugar on the raw and crema mexicana. A classic easy dessert.
- 1 pint fresh straberries clean and cut in halves
- 2 tablespoons sugar on the raw
- 1/2 cup crema mexicana crème fraîche
Clean and cut the strawberries in half. Place in a bowl.
Mix the strawberries with the sugar on the raw and mix.
Serve the strawberries in a cup and drizzle with crema mexicana or crème fraîche.
- Optional is to add sherry or sweet red wine to make a syrup with the sugar on the raw. This addition will add even more flavor to the dessert.
- The sugar can be replaced with stevia for a sugar free option.