Cheesy Refried Beans
Cheesy refried beans made with Oaxaca cheese and homemade pinto beans or bayos. Served with freshly made flour tortillas. A classic from Mom's recipe box and ready in just minutes.
- 4 cups cooked pinto beans or bayo beans
- 1 teaspoon corn oil or pork lard
- 1 cup shredded Oaxaca cheese
- 10 flour tortillas or a bag of corn chips
Place the IMUSA 4QT Deep Pan Jumbo Cooker in the stove and add the corn oil or pork lard if you want to add more flavor.
Let the oil warm up and add the pinto beans. Mash the beans with the IMUSA masher until a bean puree is obtained.
Add the Oaxaca cheese and cover with the lid. Turn off the heat and let the cheese melt.
Warm the flour tortillas in the IMUSA comal and stuff with the cheesy refried beans.
Fold the warm tortilla and serve with a side of salsa verde sauce.
- The cheesy refried beans can be served as dip paired with corn chips for a warm appetizer.
- Oaxaca cheese can be replaced with mozzarella cheese or white Monterrey Jack Cheese.
- The homemade pinto beans can be substituted with canned beans.