Plantain Rice Colombian Style
We are celebrating family and Hispanic Heritage Month with a bowl of plantain rice, also called little bird rice or “Arroz de Pajarito.” Cooked with long-grain white rice, plantains, garlic, and Latino seasonings. Buy the ingredients at Publix.
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 cups Chiquita Maduros thawed and diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Wesson Corn Oil
- 1 teaspoon Badia Complete Seasoning
- 4-5 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt if needed
Thaw the Chiquita™ Maduros following the instructions in the package. You can opt to place a few in a bowl and thaw using the microwave too. Cut the plantains in small cubes and saute until golden brown using Wesson® Corn Oil. Then add the garlic cloves and saute for a few minutes.
Add the rice to the cooked plantains with the garlic and stir. Add the boiling water and season with Badia® Complete Seasoning.
Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Per every cup of rice you need 2 cups of water. Try to use boiling or warm water for best results.
- While the rice cooks do not stir as it will turn our sticky.
- If you think the rice needs more water add it gradually.
Serving: 1cupCalories: 231kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 4gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 80mgPotassium: 242mgFiber: 1gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 417IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 19mgIron: 1mg