Meet our version for Vegetable Korma, a vegetarian cuisine favorite from India. We have made some adjustments to the recipe but keeping same flavor profile. This recipe is a vegetarian dish and has cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, and mushrooms, plus has almond butter, coconut milk, and spicy curry.
- 1 tablespoon ghee or clarified butter
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 white potatoes cut into squares
- 1 purple onion sliced
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper cut into juliennes
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into juliennes
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely chopped or in paste
- 2 tablespoons spicy Indian curry
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 cans coconut milk 12 ounces each
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon salt and pepper
- 1 cup roasted chickpeas optional
- 1 bunch cilantro optional
- 1 serrano pepper optional
Use a dutch oven and place on the stove. Turn the fire on and add the ghee. When the ghee is warm add the cauliflower florets, the potatoes, and the onions. Sauté for few minutes on high flame.
Then add the bell peppers and the ginger. Combine with the rest of the ingredients and stir. Let this cook and add the spicy curry, the salt, and the pepper.
Add the coconut milk and the broth. Cook covered and when the potatoes have a tender texture add the carrots and the grilled mushrooms. Combine well and simmer until carrots cook. Make sure to cook covered with the lid.
When the vegetable korma is ready, serve on a bowl and garnish with toasted chickpeas, serrano pepper slices, and fresh cilantro. You can add a side of basmati rice and naan bread if desired.
- The coconut broth with the curry should be creamy and not runny.
- This dish is perfect to use leftover veggies you have in the fridge or on your vegetable case.
- I used mushrooms because I had them grilled from the day before and thought would add a nice meaty texture and it did. You can replace with eggplant or another veggie of your choice or add chicken.
- The curry choice could be mild or spicy depending on your tastebuds.
- Serve with naan bread if desired.
Serving: 0gCalories: 423kcalCarbohydrates: 70gProtein: 19gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 2098mgPotassium: 1932mgFiber: 19gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 12020IUVitamin C: 186mgCalcium: 185mgIron: 9mg