Florida Tomatoes Green Fettuccine
The Florida Tomatoes Green Fettuccine is ready in a few minutes. It has green fettuccine, Florida grape tomatoes, pesto sauce, and parmesan cheese. Yum!
- 1 pound green fettuccine pasta
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pint Florida grape tomatoes sliced in halves
- 1 cup pesto sauce homemade or commercial
- 1/2 cup shavings of parmesan cheese
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 yellow lemon juiced
Cook the pasta first by adding the pasta to boiling water seasoned with cooking oil and salt. The pasta will be ready after 10 minutes. When ready, drain the cooking water and temper with cold water to stop the cooking process.
Prepare the pesto by blending all ingredients using a powerful blender. Add the lemon juice at the end to brighten up the flavors of the sauce. Add the pesto sauce and combine with the cooked green fettuccine.
Incorporate the Florida grape tomatoes and combine with the pasta and the pesto. Serve in a bowl and finish with shavings of parmesan cheese.
- Avoid overcooking the pasta and when combining with the rest of the ingredients use two forks to fold all the components gently.
- Can replace the parmesan shavings with feta cheese or queso fresco.
- For the pesto sauce, use spinach or baby kale instead of basil if desired.