Roasted Hatch Green Chile Salsa
This recipe for the roasted hatch green chile salsa I have added serrano peppers for additional spice, roasted garlic cloves, fresh cilantro, and tomatillos. Seasoned with a dash of cumin, Mexican oregano, and chicken bouillon. You can use this sauce for garnishing and as a base for stews and enchiladas.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 cups
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 hatch green chiles roasted, peeled and deveined
- 4 serrano peppers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 9 tomatillos
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon or 1/2 tablespoon of sea salt
Clean and roast the peppers, the serranos, the tomatillos, and the garlic cloves.
Add 1/4 cup of water and place all ingredients inside the blender, including the seasonings and the cilantro.
Blend until getting a sauce. Preserve via canning or inside a plastic container with a lid. Keep refrigerated.
- This is a good recipe for using the canning technique.
- If you cannot find fresh hatch chile peppers or tomatillos use the canned product.
- The sauce can be used as a garnish to many Mexican favorite dishes including tacos and other antojitos.
- This sauce can be used as a base for stews and enchiladas.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 49kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 206mg | Potassium: 252mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 278IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg