Watermelon Salad with Grilled Pork Chops
Made with grilled boneless pork chops, sweet pea greens, watermelon, cucumber, jalapeño, purple onion and cilantro. Dressed with a simple olive oil and lime juice dressing.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 6 boneless pork chops sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 14 watermelon pieces cut in triangles
- 1 jalapeño cut in thin slices
- 1 English cucumber cut in rounds
- 1/2 purple onion sliced in rounds
- 4 cups fresh greens or sweet pea leaves
- 4 cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil and lime dressing
Season the boneless pork chops with lime juice, cumin powder, chicken bouillon and black pepper.
Preheat the grill following the safety measures. Grill the boneless pork chops for 3-4 minutes on each side. The pork chops will be ready when reaching an internal temperature of 145°F or 65°C.
Remove from the grill and let the pork chops stand for few minutes before serving.
Plate the salad adding a bed of fresh greens, watermelon and cucumber slices, purple onion and garnish with jalapeño and cilantro.
Prepare a simple dressing juicing 3 limes and mixing with 1/2 cup of olive oil and salt to taste. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and serve.
- It is recommended to marinade the pork chops in a vacuum sealed bag inside the refrigerator for one hour for more flavor.
- Watch the temperature on the charcoal grill as the boneless pork chops cook fast. Avoid overcooking.
- The pork chops can be cooked stove-top on a grilling pan and or on an electric grill if desired.
- Pork is a high-quality protein food that you can cook on the grill or oven roast without adding extra calories.
- Pork is convenient to cook and can be easily prepared.