Mole Chilaquiles for Breakfast
The chilaquiles dish is a traditional recipe from Mexico. It is the perfect bite to serve for a hearty breakfast or brunch and even for lunch or dinner. You can add the egg or replace the egg with another protein like chicken, beef, turkey or pork.
- 4 cups of totopos or corn chips preferably homemade
- 4 cups of mole
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 purple onion sliced in rounds
- 1 cup of Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 1 cup of Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1 small bunch of cilantro for garnishing
Cook the totopos using corn tortillas from the prior day. Cut them in triangles and deep fry until golden brown.
Prepare the mole and keep it warm. Prep the onions and crumble the cheese.
Cook the eggs to your liking. We are suggesting sunny side up.
Build the chilaquiles by making a bed with homemade totopos, then add the mole, the onions, crumble ranchero queso fresco and crema Mexicana.
Finish adding a fried egg, add mole, cheese, and crumbled cheese. Garnish with avocado slices and cilantro leaves.
- Using store-bought chips it is not recommended for this dish. Because they are thin and when soaked in the sauce they will become mushy and will not be crunchy, a texture that is a must-have in order to be perfect chilaquiles.
- If you prefer to not fry the totopos, those can be toasted in the oven using oil spray.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serving: 0gCarbohydrates: 0gProtein: 0gFat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0gMonounsaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgPotassium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gVitamin A: 0IUVitamin C: 0mgCalcium: 0mgIron: 0mg