This post is also available in: Español
This recipe for the Piloncillo Ginger Cookies is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of De’Longhi and Braun. The opinions and text are all mine.
Baking Piloncillo Ginger Cookies is an anual tradition in my home. This recipe is easy and incorporates traditional American Christmas flavors with my Mexican style of cooking. In most Mexican bakeries the “marranitos” or little pig cookies are sold for the holidays.
As a child I loved those marranitos that are made with piloncillo (a raw sugar cone), spices like cinnamon, star anise, yeast and flour. These cookies have a cake consistency, are soft and sweet. Inspired on those flavors I have created a recipe for Mexican Piloncillo Ginger Cookies.
Using the ginger cookie recipe as a base but replacing the raw sugar with piloncillo and adding cinnamon and star anise. The result is wonderful. The cookies are sweet, aromatic and look so pretty. Because I am using a piggy cookie cutter that resembles those marranitos that I enjoyed so much when I was younger.
These Mexican Piloncillo Ginger Cookies were ready in less than 15 minutes, thanks to the De’Longhi Livenza Oven with a convection oven technology. That speeds the a process via a fan that continuously circulates hot air making the cooking time less and more evenly.
Some of the Livenza oven features include preset baking options, not only for cookies but for frozen foods like pizza. Baking meats as well as toasting feature for making perfect slices of toasted bread for everyday morning breakfast.
This oven is versatile and so easy to use. Comes with a baking tray and a cool pizza pan. I also like the fact that you can place two baking pans at the same time because the oven has two wire racks. I love the design too. Nothing like appliances that are pretty but help us achieving great results. De’Longhi develops kitchen appliances with passion, inspired by Italian cuisine heritage and family values. Perfect for my style of cooking.
Christmas is all about giving back, so I am joining the “De’Longhi Days of Giving” going through December 20th. During this period of time De’Longhi will donate 10% of its delonghi.us sales site-wide to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, a national non-profit organization dedicated to funding research for safer, more effective treatments for pediatric cancer, the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S. For the first time. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer has launched a Challenge Gift Campaign where all of the money raised from now to December 31st will be MATCHED, dollar for dollar, up to $250K.
I am very fond of brands that help the community and that get involved in programs that raise awareness about child hunger and causes against children’s cancer. And you can get involved too. Donate and learn more about this important cause by visiting www.delonghi.us to purchase their products and use the code “cookies” you will receive an additional 30% off site wide through December 20th. And check www.cookiesforkidscancer.org to learn more about Cookies for Kids Cancer.
In my own family we have suffered the loss of beloved ones including my nephew, who was 4 year’s old when he lost his battle against cancer. For me it is very important to support brands that help raise funds for this causes that hurt the younger in our society.
If you have not finished with your Christmas shopping consider buying any of the participating De’Longhi brand products. I personally love the De’Longhi Livenza Oven. Has the power of a convection oven and fits in a small space. Plus has so many great features that help us in the quest for cooking the best dishes and the delicious Mexican Piloncillo Ginger Cookies.
And because I enjoyed so much baking these Mexican piloncillo ginger cookies using the De’Longhi Livenza Oven I want to inspire you to do the same by participating for a chance to win one holiday cookie decorating gift basket. Including a cookie recipe book, cookie cutters, cookie icing kit, french roast coffee packet and a set with two De’Longhi double wall thermal glasses to enjoy a yummy cappuccino.
Giveaway Rules and Regulations
- In order to qualify for the sweepstakes you need to leave a comment about why it is important for you to support the “De’Longhi Days of Giving”.
- Entries/Comments that do not follow the submission guidelines will be automatically deleted and invalid.
- You will get additional points by sharing this post and giveaway information on Twitter and follow/like our social media accounts.
- Winner will be chosen by tallying up all the entries and then using Rafflecopter to generate a random number.
You may only enter once per entry method.
- Participants to the sweepstakes must leave a valid email address on their entry.
- Winner will be notified via email and will have 72 hours to respond with a valid mailing address within the United States and contact information.
- If there is no response winner will be disqualified and another winner will be chosen at random.
- Open to United States ONLY. Winner must have a valid US address and be 18 years or older.
- Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary.
- Prize will be shipped by De’Longhi representative. We are not responsible for any delays in delivery or lost items.
- Sweepstakes valid only for US legal residents and will close on 12/21/2016 at 12:00 am EST.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of De’Longhi and Braun. The opinions and text are all mine.