This post is also available in: Español
Looking for new options I found Black Bean Burgers available at the supermarket and I thought this would be a wonderful vegetarian dish to offer for the first Friday of lent which is today.
Black Bean Burgers are a very tasty replacement to beef burgers during lent. These are very easy to make as they come ready to grill. You just need to prepare the garnishes, which in this case I made salsa pico de gallo that gives a fresh twist to relish and makes the burger so delightful.
- 4 ready to use black bean burgers
- 1 teaspoon of ground garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of soybean oil
- 4 onion hamburger buns
- 1 cup of pico de gallo (see recipe [url href=”https://www.adrianasbestrecipes.com/2015/01/16/mexican-salsa-or-pico-de-gallo/” target=”_blank”]HERE[/url])
- 1 avocado
- Season the black bean burgers with ground garlic, black pepper and cumin
- Add soybean oil to a grilling skillet and grill the black bean burgers on both sides
- Prepare the pico de gallo and mash the avocado
- Assembly the black bean burgers using onion hamburger buns, add one grilled black bean burger
- Garnish the burger with pico de gallo and avocado mash
Instead of mayonnaise I am using avocado, that provides a creamy texture and it is a better for you option since avocados have many nutritional properties and good fats. Plus anything that has avocado means tasty to me!
As you know, me along with other foodie bloggers we have joined forces to bring many lent appropriate dishes for you to try at home via the 7 Weeks of Lent Recipes, so don’t forget to check all the yummy recipes on the blog hop below and try something new this meatless Friday. Or you can cook the Black Bean Burgers with Pico de Gallo and Avocado Mash that I am suggesting too.
Lent season is the time to reflect and make sacrifices to nurture our souls and become kinder human beings. In my own journey to be a better person I fast once a week and practice forgiveness.
We go through our lives holding grudges and not allowing space for forgiveness. And I have learned that forgiveness is for my own well being. During this lent season my sacrifice, aside from fasting, is to forgive those that have hurt me and forget the feelings those negative memories bring to my life in order to achieve piece in my heart.
I know after this lent season comes to an end I will be able to heal and let the love of God and his sacrifice help me understand that forgiveness is an essential practice to become a kinder soul.
Have a blessed lent season.
Although the life of a person is in a land full of thorns and weeds, there is always a space in which the good seed can grow. You have to trust God ~ Pope Francis