This post is also available in: Español
Make the heavenly sweet and savory apple prosciutto pizza!
The apple prosciutto pizza is made with buttery naan, fig preserves, Italian prosciutto, manchego cheese, fresh spinach, and opal apple slices. Finished with a drizzle of honey and coarse ground black pepper.
This sweet and savory pizza is the ultimate bite!
If you enjoy sweet and salty combinations, the apple prosciutto pizza must be in your repertoire of pizza options. Naturally cheese, figs and honey pair well. But when adding the saltiness of the prosciutto and the buttery flavor of the naan bread makes this flatbread one satisfy the most demanding palates.
You can pair the apple prosciutto pizza with a good red wine or a Belgian style beer. We like to make it toasty for an extra crunch too. You can add balsamic
You can replace the Manchego cheese with fontina and use arugula instead of fresh baby spinach for an extra spicy note.
Host a pizza flatbread party!
This idea of using naan bread for making pizza is useful when entertaining at home. You can set up a pizza flatbread bar with a variety of ingredients, including sweet and savory options. Then fire up the grill and let the guests prepare and grill their pizza.
Add to the bar a selection of fresh salads to pair with the pizza flatbreads. Offer wine, beer, agua fresca, and sodas too. I am sure everyone will enjoy making their creations while creating memories together.
Happy National Pizza day!
Apple Prosciutto Pizza Flatbread
- 1 naan flatbread
- 1 teaspoon fig jam
- 5 slices prosciutto ham
- 5 slices Manchego cheese
- 5 slices opal apple
- 8 leaves baby spinach
- 1 pinch coarse black pepper
- Spread the fig jam on a slice of naan bread. Add the manchego cheese slices and the prosciutto.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes depending on how toasty you prefer the bread to look and taste.
- Garnish with opal apple slices, baby spinach leaves, and coarse black pepper. Optional drizzle with honey or balsamic vinegar reduction.
- Replace the Manchego cheese with romano, a sharp, white English cheddar, or an aged Tomme de Brebis cheese from France.
I think everybody’s pizza box or plate ends up looking pretty similar, all the sauce and cheeseAnthony Bourdain
eatenout of the center, and who gets left behind,the crust. Like Jeremy Piven at a strip club.