This post is also available in: Español
Cheering with Caribbean Coquito this holiday season!
The Caribbean Coquito is inspired by the famous Puerto Rican coquito made with coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, and rum. A delicious alcoholic beverage that never fails in many of the Caribbean latino tables this time of the year.
I first tried Caribbean coquito in Puerto Rico and got hooked! It is sweet and you cannot have only one shot, so you have to be careful in not indulging as it could become dangerous.
To consume alcohol, you must be over 21 years old. And please do not drink alcoholic beverages and then drive a car, since many people need you at home.
Latin Cuisine Includes Tasty Homemade Rum Drinks
We Latinos have staple alcoholic beverages that we serve on special occasions and for the holidays. For example in Mexico we offer
Venezuela has its version of the Caribbean coquito but theirs it is called
All these for holiday drinks typically are used for gifting purposes. Come in beautiful bottles and are a gift that everyone appreciates. Especially if you have a sweet both and enjoy rum. I know many families embrace the annual tradition of preparing a good number of Caribbean coquito bottles and share those with friends and family. I have received a few since I live here in Orlando.
Make the Caribbean Coquito!
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk 14 ounces
- 2 cans of sweet cream of coconut 15 ounces
- 1 can of evaporated milk 12 ounces
- 1 glass of rum 8 ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of coconut extract optional
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Add all ingredients to the blender and mix well.
Pour the coquito into a pitcher or an empty bottle and refrigerate.
Serve cold or enjoy with ice.
- The rum I like to use is a golden rum I like Zacapa brand.
- The original recipe calls for Bacardi Blanco.
- The addition of the coconut extract is optional. If you prefer a more intense coconut flavor, I recommend adding the extract.
- This recipe is inspired by the original.
- Drink Responsibly.
Cheers to a wonderful holiday season!