This post is also available in: Español
This recipe for the vanilla flan cake is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NESTLE® LA LECHERA®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Enjoy a Vanilla Flan Cake for the holidays while creating special memories!
Christmas is an extraordinary time of the year and a great occasion to celebrate with those we love, bringing back favorite desserts from mom’s recipe box. There is nothing better than a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family while creating holiday memories.
This vanilla flan cake was my mom’s signature cake to serve on Christmas Eve when coming back from midnight mass. I have used my mom’s classic recipe as the inspiration to create a modern twist on a dessert that celebrates the flavors of the season, adding a homemade strawberry cranberry jam and using vanilla cake instead of chocolate.
Authentic and fresh ingredients are essential for a perfect holiday dessert
The flan portion of the cake includes authentic ingredients, such as NESTLÉ® LA LECHERA condensed milk, evaporated milk, fresh farm eggs, real vanilla extract, and dulce de leche caramel. LA LECHERA has been a quintessential ingredient in my family’s pantry since I was a child. I grew up enjoying it on my toast, with strawberries, and as a little snack served on my favorite silver spoon.
Besides, LA LECHERA is an essential ingredient to many of my family’s dessert recipes. Checking my mom’s recipe book I have found various treats that call for LA LECHERA as the main ingredient.
Find LA LECHERA at Publix and save!
Lucky me, I found LA LECHERA at Publix in the baking aisle as well as all the ingredients for this fantastic vanilla flan cake with berry sauce. It comes in a can as well as a convenient squeeze bottle that is in Publix stores now with new packaging.
Visit www.getthesavings.com/lalechera to save $0.75 when you purchase two LA LECHERA products at Publix now through 12/16/18.
Each year, I surprise my family by bringing one of my mom’s delicious holiday desserts to life. That way I can honor her memory and legacy.
I like to remember those close family members that are not with us anymore by preparing their favorite holiday dishes on Christmas Eve. It is a tradition we have and it makes our dinner even more thoughtful and unique, strengthening our family ties. Sweetness and togetherness are the perfect holiday combination, and to me, there’s nothing better than enjoying delicious food and remembering those we love.
Sweeten your morning coffee with LA LECHERA
LA LECHERA is available in 14 oz. cans, and also in a convenient squeeze bottle, which is perfect for drizzling condensed milk on the vanilla flan cake before serving. Great for enjoying with bread, fruits, pancakes, and waffles too. Not to mention making a creamy sweet cafe con leche by pouring some condensed milk to our morning or midday coffee.
Bake the vanilla flan cake today!
Start a new tradition and bake this vanilla flan cake for your holiday family gathering. It is an easy dessert, simple to prepare, and a showstopper. This dessert also looks beautiful on the table and has an unforgettable flavor that everyone will crave even after the holiday celebrations are over. See recipe details below.
Let the sweetness of Christmas time fill our hearts with joy!
Vanilla Flan Cake with Berry Sauce
For the flan
- 1 can LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk 14oz
- 1 can evaporated milk 12oz
- 6 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons caramel or LA LECHERA dulce de leche
For the cake
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk or water
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- Start by making the flan first, adding the evaporated milk, the eggs, and the vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Pour one 14 oz can of LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk and mix with a whisk, the blender or use a mixer.
- Prepare the vanilla cake mix following the package instructions and set aside. Spray a bundt cake pan with nonstick oil spray and set the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover the bottom of a bundt cake pan with dulce de leche. Pour the flan mix first and secondly pour the cake mix. During the baking process, the two blends will magically separate to form the flan cake.
- For baking, a big round tray big enough to fit the bundt cake mold is needed to create a water bath. Bake the cake in this water bath for 45 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, after the cake is cooked let it rest inside the fridge preferably overnight.
- For serving, we are drizzling the flan cake with condensed milk using LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk Squeeze Bottle. Then we are adding fresh strawberries, mint leaves, and candied cranberries for a stunning presentation.