This post is also available in: Español
Cheering with Mexican Milkshakes while Reminiscing on Childhood Favorite Treats!
Growing up in Mexico one of my favorite treats were “gansitos” and “choco roles” so the other day while shopping I found both treats and thought would be tasty to make Mexican milkshakes using both flavors and adding ice cream and whipped cream. The result was an indulgent shake full of great memories and bringing back the child in me.
Do you have a treat that makes you feel like a child again?
The Mexican milkshakes are a sweet tasty drink that you can share with all the family. The one made with the “gansito” has strawberry marmalade and the one made with the “choco roles” is accented with pineapple jelly both blended with whole milk and vanilla ice cream for a frothy texture. Then topped with whipped cream for a festive look.
These milkshakes are pure indulgence!
From time to time we deserve to indulge just a little and since Hispanic Heritage month has started there is nothing better than to cheer with a Mexican treat or try my other Mexican milk drinks all delicious options to curve the urge for the sweet tooth while embracing childhood memories.
Since I remember, these Marinela products have been part of school years. The break or “recreo” at school wasn’t complete without enjoying either the “gansito” or the “choco roles”. If you are Mexican, you understand what I mean. Here in the United States, there are similar products like the Hostess Swiss Roll and other cakes that are common in the school lunchbox.
Sometimes we do not realize, but the food that we grow up eating becomes part of our memories and special moments. There is no doubt that these Marinela tasty treats while not the best option regarding nutrition was a sweet treat that became a staple of my childhood and now I can bring back via this recipe for the Mexican milkshakes. Are you ready to try them?
- 1 Marinela Gansito Filled Snack Cake
- 1 Marinela Choco Roles de Pina
- 2 cups milk
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup ice
- 1 teaspoon pineapple jelly
- 1 teaspoon strawberry marmalade
- 2 scoops whipped cream
- Cut one Marinela Gansito into two pieces and add to the blender along with one cup of milk, one scoop of vanilla ice cream, few cubes of ice and blend. Cover the inside of the glass with strawberry marmalade. Pour the milkshake into the glass and garnish with whipped cream, few pieces of cake and a wide straw.
- Cut one Choco Rol from Marinela into three pieces and add to the blender along with one cup of milk, one scoop of vanilla ice cream, few cubes of ice and blend. Cover the inside of the glass with pineapple jelly. Pour the milkshake into the glass and garnish with whipped cream, few pieces of swiss roll and a wide straw.
- Sip slowly and enjoy!
- You can replace the vanilla ice cream with chocolate ice cream for a more chocolatey experience.
- In case the Marinela products cannot be found in your market look for other cake treats from Hostess and replace with your favorite.
- This recipe adapts to many different flavors.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Check on Amazon