This post is also available in: Español
Extremely flavorful watermelon salad with grilled pork chops for your weekly summer menu!
I am so excited to celebrate grilling season by preparing a tasty tasty watermelon salad with grilled pork chops thanks to the National Pork Board, with whom I am collaborating to bring delicious and nutritional pork recipes all summer long. This salad dish celebrates both the pork chops —the most popular cut in our household, and watermelon. A perfect excuse to commemorate national watermelon day this coming August 3rd.
Learn about the National Pork Board’s “Pork Es Sabor”
Did you know that the National Pork Board has kicked off this grilling season with “Pork Es Sabor“? The objective behind this effort is to generate awareness about the key health and flavor benefits of pork.
A new research study conducted by the National Pork Board revealed that sales and consumption of pork will continue to increase. It also indicated that pork chops are one of the preferred pork cuts in Hispanic and African American households. And my family can attest to that as pork chops never fail in our parrilladas and even as a weekly menu option since I always include them in the shopping list.
Make this watermelon salad with grilled pork chops today!
Shop for a package with six thinly sliced boneless pork chops, a small seedless watermelon, fresh greens with sweet pea leaves, an English cucumber, one jalapeño pepper, a purple onion, cilantro, limes, olive oil, cumin, black pepper, and chicken bouillon. All needed ingredients to make the grilled pork chops salad.
Keep in mind the pork chops do not require much seasoning for making mouthwatering dishes. We are suggesting a simple lime juice marinade to brighten up the flavors of the grilled pork chops and a salad dressing made with freshly squeezed lime juice, olive oil and salt to taste. This dressing will complement the salad nicely allowing the pork chops flavor to shine.
Watch the video to see step by step how we made this yummy recipe
This summer, celebrate any occasion—from impromptu family gatherings, weeknight meals and parrilladas—with delicious, easy-to-make flavorful pork recipes like this watermelon salad with grilled pork chops. And remember, pork is a high-quality protein food that you can cook on the grill or oven roast without adding extra calories. Besides pork is convenient to cook and can be easily prepared. A great example is this fresh seasonal salad that I am suggesting today.
There are many ways you can enjoy pork’s delicious flavor and nutritional benefits. For recipe ideas and more information, please visit PorkEsSabor.com and follow along on social media at @PorkEsSabor on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Join the conversation using #PorkEsSabor.
Watermelon Salad with Grilled Pork Chops
- 6 boneless pork chops sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 14 watermelon pieces cut in triangles
- 1 jalapeño cut in thin slices
- 1 English cucumber cut in rounds
- 1/2 purple onion sliced in rounds
- 4 cups fresh greens or sweet pea leaves
- 4 cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil and lime dressing
- Season the boneless pork chops with lime juice, cumin powder, chicken bouillon and black pepper.
- Preheat the grill following the safety measures. Grill the boneless pork chops for 3-4 minutes on each side. The pork chops will be ready when reaching an internal temperature of 145°F or 65°C.
- Remove from the grill and let the pork chops stand for few minutes before serving.
- Plate the salad adding a bed of fresh greens, watermelon and cucumber slices, purple onion and garnish with jalapeño and cilantro.
- Prepare a simple dressing juicing 3 limes and mixing with 1/2 cup of olive oil and salt to taste. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and serve.
- It is recommended to marinade the pork chops in a vacuum sealed bag inside the refrigerator for one hour for more flavor.
- Watch the temperature on the charcoal grill as the boneless pork chops cook fast. Avoid overcooking.
- The pork chops can be cooked stove-top on a grilling pan and or on an electric grill if desired.
- Pork is a high-quality protein food that you can cook on the grill or oven roast without adding extra calories.
- Pork is convenient to cook and can be easily prepared.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $109.00Was: $120.00
Price: $3.98Was: $8.49
Price: Check on Amazon