This post is also available in: Español
Lovely Sriracha Raspberry Chicken Salad, made with fresh greens, raspberries, grilled chicken and a homemade spicy raspberry dressing that goes perfect with this easy dish ready in minutes. Raspberries are a beautiful fruit, they are elegant and tart.
I enjoy using raspberries which are now in season. You can eat them out of the package, with yogurt, in agua fresca, smoothies and desserts. Since raspberries are tart work in natural dressings like this one used on the Sriracha raspberry chicken salad.
This dressing is made with Sriracha powder for a spicy kick, fresh raspberries, yellow lemon juice, rice vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
Watch the video and learn how to make this refreshing salad.
This Sriracha raspberry chicken salad includes fresh strawberries too as those pair very well with raspberries too. The chicken has been grilled to perfection to make a wonderful combination with all the ingredients in this salad. Eating fresh options and grilled lean meats is a healthy way of eating.
Sriracha Raspberry Chicken Salad
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 yellow lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground sriracha spice
- 2 grilled chicken breasts
- 3 cups field greens kale, spinach, tender lettuce
- 20 raspberries
- 6 strawberries sliced in halves
- Prepare the dressing first by combining in the blender the fresh raspberries, sriracha powder for a spicy kick, yellow lemon juice, rice vinegar, water, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing in as serving saucer and keep refrigerated.
- Condiment the chicken to your taste and grill. When cooked, slice the chicken and set set aside.
- In a plate add a bed of field greens, the sliced chicken, add raspberries and strawberries.
- Drizzle the Sriracha raspberry dressing and enjoy.
When celebrating at home or preparing weeknight dinners there is no need to serve heavy meals. A well balanced dish like the Sriracha raspberry chicken salad is an easy way to keep a healthy lifestyle. This salad can be adapted using other seasonal fruits. Eating with the seasons is easy. Just need to check what is being sold at the supermarket and get inspired to plan the weekly menu.
If you still are looking for Mother’s Day menu ideas that are easy to cook with the kids the Sriracha raspberry chicken salad is the perfect solution. This salad is a godo option for a surprise romantic lunch or dinner with that special person in yoru life.
Salads can be served in picnics, when going to the beach or as an on the go option to enjoy at work. Just need to pack the ingredients separately and use appropriate sealed containers and an iced box or cooling packs to keep everything at proper temperature.