This post is also available in: Español
This shop and recipe for the Mexican Adobo Pork Shoulder have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SmithfieldCares #CollectiveBias
We are making Mexican Adobo Pork Shoulder because it is another traditional Mexican dish that never fails to be offered during the fall and the holiday menu festivities. This recipe is easy and ready in less than 30 minutes. Perfect also a weeknight dinner favorite too.
The Mexican Adobo Pork Shoulder I made with Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork Shoulder Picnic that I found at my local Walmart. As well as dried guajillo, morita and chile de arbol peppers. All combined with roasted tomatoes, garlic and spices like cumin and chicken bouillon.
Mexican Adobo Pork Shoulder
- 1 Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork Shoulder Picnic aproximately 3.75 pounds
- 1 tomato
- 1 large garlic clove
- 6 chiles de arbol
- 4 guajillo chiles
- 6 morita chiles
- 1 tablespoon of cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon of chicken bouillon
- Roast the garlic, the chiles and the tomatoes on a comal. Then cook for 5 minutes in water and blend until all ingredients are combined. Add the condiments and set aside.
- Place the Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork Shoulder Picnic in a roasting pan and pour the chile sauce on top. Cook the pork for 30 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take of of the oven and let it rest for few minutes. Cut the pork roast using a knife, place on a plate and garnish with cilantro. Serve the pork with rice and beans. And enjoy with warm corn tortillas for tacos.
The suggested pairing is with wild rice and orca beans on the side. The Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork Shoulder Picnic cut is perfect for roasting in the oven and for making traditional dishes like this Mexican Adobo Pork Shoulder.
I like a lot the Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork because it is naturally tender and juicy. Besides, this pork meat has no added steroids, hormones or any artificial ingredients.
You know how important it is for me to support our farmers so by using Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork I am purchasing a product that not only is good quality, but also comes from farmers that are here in the United States.
Other of my passions is to support the community, and when I learned that Walmart and Smithfield have united to create a program called “Compassion for Community” to recognize community heroes, that made me very happy and also proud of my choices.
My community heroes are all the first responders and law enforcement that helped and kept us safe during recent hurricane Mathew here in Florida. The sacrifice they do is impressive and their commitment and kindness is something we need to recognize.
I encourage you to recognize somebody in your life who has made an impact and deserves recognition. With over $9,000 in prizing don’t miss your chance to nominate someone in your community who deserves recognition for embracing compassion, care and commitment.
And if you are a pork lover like me save $1.00 on any Smithfield All Natural Pork variety (while supplies last). Click on the coupon image to get the offer.
Let’s enjoy the season savoring a delicious Mexican Adobo Pork Shoulder and recognizing our local heroes. Don’t gorget to visit Smithfield’s YouTube channel, they have delicious recipe ideas like the one below.