This post is also available in: Español
Temperatures are warmer and a Strawberry Blood Orange Frozen Pie is the perfect dessert to end a meal or to enjoy as a mid-afternoon treat for Mother’s Day or for any special occasion. Strawberries are still in season and I was lucky to have fresh blood oranges from my last run to the farmers market and thought would be really nice to combine both fruits which resulted in a very nice combination for a pie filling.
Using fresh fruit it is always a good decision. Every time I have the chance to use what I have available in my market it is not only less expensive but also a good idea to bring something special to my table.
Strawberry Blood Orange Frozen Pie
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 3 cup blood oranges juiced aprox. 1/2of juice
- 1 persian lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon of persian lime peel
- 3 cups of fresh strawberries cleaned and cut in halves
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 5 additional strawberries to use as garnish
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- 4 edible carnation flowers
- Make first all your prep by cleaning the fruit and then cutting and peeling the lime.
- On the blender add the full can of condensed milk, then add the blood orange juice and the lime juice.
- Add the lime peel and the strawberries and blend until all ingredients have a smooth consistency.
- Pour this preparation into the pre-made graham cracker pie crust and freeze overnight.
- Before serving decorate the frozen pie with strawberries, blueberries and edible carnation flowers.You can serve with a side of whipped cream.
At home, my mom was used to prepare for ur many desserts that called for seasonal fruits. There was one that is still my favorite, the mango cream dessert, made with fresh manila mangoes and condensed milk.
Very simple combination that allows using most fruits resulting in a flavorful fruity cream that you can use for parfaits, pies and ice cream. Which is exactly what I did with these strawberries and blood oranges to create this fun and easy recipe that I have called Strawberry Blood Orange Frozen Pie.
If you are looking for easy and fun desserts to prepare at home with no fuzz this Strawberry Blood Orange Frozen Pie it is a recipe that you need to add to your menu. It is simple, you can make it in just 15 minutes and freeze overnight, then you will have a frozen pie made at home that everyone will love.
You really do not have to complicate yourself a lot in the kitchen. It is just a matter of finding those important cooking techniques and easy ingredients and you will be cooking in no time. This dessert is perfect for bringing to a potluck or a party too.
Hoping you liked this recipe, I am sure it will become one of your favorite desserts.
Let’s eat Strawberry Blood Orange Frozen Pie!