This post is also available in: Español
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareHolidayJoy #CollectiveBias
The holidays call for yummy baked treats so today I am bringing a recipe for Mexican Chocolate Spice Cupcakes with Coca-Cola as one of the ingredients and an easy DIY using the glass Coca-Cola bottles to share the holiday joy.
For my family the holidays and our traditions are very important to celebrate this important season. On a yearly basis we organize many parties at home to bring the magic of the holidays to life making special recipes and sharing our culture and flavors of my Mexican cuisine with friends and family.
Mexican Chocolate Spice Cupcakes and a DIY
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of Mexican chocolate in powder
- 1 cup of soybean oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of Coke de Mexico Coca-Cola in glass bottles
- 12 cupcake liners
- 1 cupcake pan
- 2 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1 cup of soften cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- 12 chocolate nonpareils for decorating
- Combine all the dry ingredients first in a bowl. Then add the wet ingredients, this is the soybean oil, the eggs and the Coke de Mexico Coca-Cola in glass bottles. Blend all the ingredients together until getting a smooth batter.
- Place the cupcake liners in the cupcake baking pan. Pour half of a cup of batter per cupcake and bake at 375 grades Fahrenheit for 20 -30 minutes until cupcakes are cooked.
- Remove from the baking pan and let them get cold.
- Prepare the cream cheese frosting combining all ingredients together and mixing until getting a soft frosting that it is easy to spread.
- Finish decorating with holiday chocolate nonpareils.
And during these events we always have many yummy dishes inspired by my beloved Mexico like this Mexican Chocolate Spice Cupcakes made with Coke de Mexico Coca-Cola in glass bottles made with real sugar and no high fructose corn syrup. Luckily you don’t have to travel to Mexico to get them. You can can find them at your local Sam’s Club.
Leading up to Christmas day we have the tradition of organizing Las Posadas, a Mexican tradition that is three hundred years old and intended to prepare us for the arrival of Baby Jesus.
During these parties aside from enjoying Mexican treats we also prepare gifts for the guests to take home. Mostly those gifts are goodie bags with candy or also called “colación”, a legendary tradition that has been a staple of the season.
Since I have been living here in Florida for the last fifteen years it is very difficult to find that candy so every year I do a craft and this year I thought it would be a great idea to use the Coke de Mexico Coca-Cola in glass bottles to make an easy DIY and decorate those like an angel.
The Coke de Mexico Coca-Cola in glass bottles are perfect for gifting and parties since they come in convenient 24 packs of glass bottles of Coca-Cola. And since I gift so many people, having 24 angels comes in handy for gifting during Las Posadas, using to decorate my holiday table, and to send some to my husband’s office so that he can gift a few to his teammates.
Check out this step by step video tutorial to learn how to make these cute Coca-Cola Angels.
For this craft you will need:
- 24 Coke de Mexico glass bottles
- 24 paper doilies in white
- 24 metallic pipe cleaners in gold color
- 24 gift tags
- 1 roll of baker twine white and gold color
- 24 white and gold paper straws
- 1 scotch tape
Follow these instructions for making the Coca-Cola Angels or watch the video above:
- Start first making the aura halo using the metallic pipe cleaners in gold color following the video and wrapping around the the bottle cap.
- Then take one paper doily and fold following the image.
- Wrap the doily around the bottle neck and secure with scotch tape. Do the same with both ends until you form the angel wings.
- Using the twine wrap one paper straw to hold it tight and then insert the gift tag and place on the bottle.
These Coca-Cola Angels are very easy to make, you can actually involve everyone in the family to help you and let them get involved to share the holiday joy.
And if you want to save even more, when shopping at Sam’s Club you can buy, in addition to the glass bottles, a 4-pack, 2-liter Coke and Diet Coke at a special price of $3.98 during the holiday season. Because when entertaining at home it is also very important to have a beverage to offer. And there’s nothing better than an iced cold Coca-Cola to pair with those special holiday dishes.
Let’s share the holiday joy making these delicious Mexican Chocolate Spice Cupcakes and the Coca-Cola Angels DIY.
Wishing you a sweet and joyous holiday!