This post is also available in: Español
The time has come to prepare ourselves for lent since this week we catholics will be celebrating Ash Wednesday so to give you ideas on what to prepare for these upcoming fasting days I want to share my favorite recipes for lent. Also during this upcoming seven weeks I will be posting a recipe per week that you can prepare at home as part of your lent menu every Friday.
Every year I join forces with fellow latina lifestyle and food bloggers that share their favorite recipes for lent so that you have an array of different meatless dishes to choose from and that are good for those observing meatless Friday or if you are vegetarian this favorite lent recipes will give you ideas of what to cook at home with a latino flair.
This year I am joining the group for “Seven Weeks of Lenten Recipes” with talented bloggers included are:
- Silvia from Mamá Latina Tips
- Ericka from Nibbles and Feasts
- Stephanie from Spanglish Spoon
- Yvette from Muy Bueno Cookbook
- Julie from A Little Bite of Life
- Chrysa from Thrifty Jinxy
- Laura from Day by Day in Our World
- Ellen from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Candy from Candypolooza
- Pilar from En mi Cocina Hoy
- Heidi from Aromas & Sabores
- Orianna from Mommyhood’s Diary
- Taty from Cool Moms Cool Tips
- Maria José from Verdelicias
- Rocío from Your Sassy Self
- Enriqueta from Savoir Faire-The Pleasures of the Palate
- Anne from Upstate Ramblings
- Lisa from Life with Lisa
Growing up at home in Mexico we observed lent every year and there are many dishes that I cherish from that time. Mexican cuisine is so flexible as it embraces the use of vegetables in many dishes so really makes it easy to prepare favorite recipes for lent that you can enjoy year round if decided.
Come and join us checking back each week for new meatless recipes, those will be yummy certified and easy to make too!