Last year I had the privilege to participate in the Hispana Leadership Summit in Miami where had the chance to meet Latina leaders and role models that inspired me to pursue my dreams. This year’s the conference will be held in Orlando at the Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort on September 12-14 and promises to be one of the best.
The program features the following speakers:
- Balance is Bull$h!t: Summit opener and keynote by best-selling author Lourdes “Luly B.” Carreras-Balepogi, Founder and President of Chispa Marketing and Luly B. Inc.
- Yes, You Can! The Power of Positive Thinking and Assertiveness: Keynote by Cecilia Ramirez Harris, Health Correspondent on Primer Impacto on Univision and host of “Vida Sana con Cecilia.”
- Social Butterflies: The Latina bloggers success stories panel will be moderated by Cristy Clavijo-Kish, founder and co-publisher of Los Tweens & Tweens, Founding Partner, Hispanicize and Latina Mom Bloggers. Panelists include: Elianne Ramos, Principal/CEO for Speak Hispanic Marketing and Vice-Chair Marketing/PR for Latinos in Social Media (LATISM); Ana Flores, founder of Latina Bloggers Connect and co-founder of SpanglishBaby.com; Myrah Duque, founder of CouponMamacita.com and MamacitalaCuponera.com; Migdalia Rivera, founder of LatinaOnAMission.com and founder of Stiletto Media Blogger Network.
- Courageous Leadership: Shared Qualities of Great Leaders: Keynote by Mariela Dabbah, consultant, author, speaker and CEO of the Red Shoe Movement: Women Supporting Women for Career Success. Panel discussion led by Kristina Puga, Web Producer for NBC Latino.
- Brand U! How to Successfully Market…Yourself! Branding session with keynote speaker Patricia G. Beitler, President/Founder and Managing Partner of Velocitas, an interactive marketing firm with locations in Miami, New York and Los Angeles.
- Susan G. Komen Pink Party: Susan G. Komen will open up the Friday morning session with a fun-filled “Pink Party” breakfast. Attendees wear pink to jumpstart their day!
- Disney Parks & Resorts will also produce the iconic “All White Affair” and “Latinas of Excellence Awards” show on Friday.
I invite you to join us at this great event, I’m sure it will be an unforgettable experience and a great opportunity to connect and meet other successful Latinas like you!
My recipe for success:
A lot of dreams, consistency, patience, learning, never giving up, smiling, having fun, asking for your family’s support and best of all keeping our cool and reaching for the stars.